Detoxing for 2020
Detoxing Ourselves for 2020
Yo yo yo Compton Health Bar homies! Welcome to our last blog post of the year (and decade)! The new year is a time when many people start resolutions, so we thought this would be a great time to break down one of our most popular blends— The Compton Detox. This is the formula that can help you recover from an indulgent holiday season (… or an indulgent year, or an indulgent decade…no judgment here!) In this post, we will break down how the formula works, the ingredients and their benefits, how our bodies respond to detoxing and so much more. The intention is to educate you on this blend so that you can decide if it is a good fit for you to help you live your best and healthiest life in 2020 and beyond. So let’s get into it.
First things first, how does a person know if their body needs a detox or not? According to Bustle, here are some signs your body may need a detox:
- Fatigue / Low Energy
- Body Odor (stronger than usual)
- New skin issues, like breakouts or urticaria (hives/itching)
So if you feel this way, or if you just think it’s time for a change, then a detox can kick start your health journey. There are different ways to detox. For instance, fasting is a way to detoxify the body. Some people try juicing, but that can leave you with more sugar and less fiber than if you had eaten the whole fruits and vegetables.
Detoxing with Food
Ya homie B Money here has mentioned it before, but I cannot emphasize it enough. I used to be super unhealthy. Like Redbull and Flamin Hot Funyuns for breakfast unhealthy. Since I was genetically thin, however, I continued to eat whatever I wanted without guilt. Until one day, at my annual physical, the doctor warned me that my cholesterol was on the high side of normal. At the young age of 25, I became concerned about this and decided to make a change. (In case you’re wondering, my cholesterol is great now, thank goodness.) I made the change, and felt my body go through its own detox process.
I did a lot of research on my own. This was before I even knew about Compton Health Bar. I sifted through a lot of information and misinformation. There were some ups and downs for sure. Based on my research, I came up with a game plan I felt comfortable with. Most folks agree that it takes about three weeks to form a habit. So, I decided that for 3 weeks, I would eat real, cooked foods from all the food groups. You know what I’m talking about? Brown Rice. Free Range Chicken Breast. Spinach. Berries. Avocado. All organic. I watched my portions. I did not eat any packaged junk food and did not drink alcohol or soda. Just water, unsweetened coffee and unsweetened tea. Tenía miedo!
I will be perfectly honest with you homies. I was dry heaving by like day 3. Straight up. The drastic change to my way of eating was a shock to my body, to say the least. Thankfully, I stuck through it. That experience made me realize that my body was addicted to processed, salty, sugary CRAP. At the end of the three weeks, I felt like I had mastered a step in will power and was excited to continue with this journey.
I will be honest, though the transition was unpleasant, it was totally worth it. However, I wish I knew about Compton Health Bar back then so that I could have some blends in my life to help ease me into my healthier lifestyle. Pues, you know, without any dry heaving.
Detoxing for Beginners
If you are ready to make a similar change, a lot of us here at Compton Health Bar know what it feels like. It can seem a little intimidating. Perhaps there is even a fear of failure. I am here to tell you that we are on your side at CHB. We got yo back! The Compton Detox can be a stepping stone if you are a beginner getting into a more healthy lifestyle. Drink it for 30 days as you transition from unhealthy foods to healthier foods. The Compton Detox will help to get things moving, and it will help to curb your appetite as you transition.
Detoxing to Reset
Ok so what if you are not a beginner? Let’s say you’re the type of person who’s made the lifestyle change, but you feel like you’re in a slump after eating tamales for breakfast, lunch and dinner from December 24th to January 1st. The Compton Detox is here for you to reset. Additionally, I honestly like the burst of energy the Compton Detox gives me so I can get off my ass, put a caldo to cook and get a workout in. It helps to push me out of my temporary rut and back into my groove.
I’d also like to add here that if you feel like you’ve hit a plateau, it is worth it to give the formula a chance too. It may help give you a kick in las nalgas that you need while you change things up.
Ok so I’ve been raving and raving about The Compton Detox for beginners or anyone who needs to reset. Onto the next big question.
What the Heck am I Detoxing From?
When we say detox, we mostly refer to food choices. Processed foods. Hormones in food. Pesticides in food. Junk food that you and I and our abuelitas know are not “real food.” BPAs that may have been in that plastic soda bottle. All that salt you had last weekend. Maybe all the booze you had this weekend. (Estamos en fiestas. I ain’t judging.)
So, we reviewed signs you may need a detox, who can benefit from a detox, and what our bodies may need to detox out of our systems. Now, I want to review the ingredients in our Compton Detox so we can understand exactly what ingredients are benefiting our bodies and how.
The Compton Detox Formula Break Down:
- Matcha Green Tea – Helps increase energy, metabolism, focus, and digestion, while promoting weight loss and fighting belly fat. This is great if you are transitioning from a sedentary lifestyle to an active lifestyle.
- Garcinia Cambogia – Promotes serotonin production which helps keep appetite at lower levels. This can help curb cravings. No need to eat away any feelings!
- L-Carnitine – Helps reduce fat, increase muscle mass, and reduce fatigue during physical activity. This is a great kick starter if you are just getting into working out as well.
- Organic Red Raspberry – Super antioxidant source of raspberry ketone which aids in the increase of metabolism. Stimulate your metabolism as you make adjustments in your lifestyle.
- Organic Hibiscus – Aids digestive and inflammation problems in the body. Promotes healthy weight loss by helping kidney function and acting as a diuretic to prevent water retention. I drink te de Jamaica on its own sometimes one because it tastes good and two because it gets rid of all my water weight!
- Senna Leaf – An FDA-approved non prescription bowel stimulator that aids cleansing of the digestive tract. Need I say more?
- Pure Stevia Leaf – Naturally occurring zero-calorie sweetener; safe for diabetics. Most supplements use stevia extract but we went beyond the norm to bring you a superior product with 100% pure stevia leaf. In other words, we put it in to make this taste good, without compromising the benefits.
As you may be able to tell from some of the ingredients and how they were described, the blend works in a variety of ways.
This is a three-in-one formula to get yo shieet into gear!
- Removes toxins from body – hibiscus helps with water weight and senna helps get things moving
- Balances appetite – curbs cravings with caffeine and Garcinia Cambogia
- Burns fat and helps metabolism – with ingredients like L-Carnitine and red raspberry
Bonus- this blend gives me a total boost of energy. I love it at 3 pm when I get that post lunch slump at work and feel groggy at the end of the work day. It also works great in the morning to get me out of bed and get things moving.
Maybe 2020 is the year you want to lose 20 pounds. Maybe 2020 is the year that you decide enough is enough and you don’t want to feel tired any more. Whatever is motivating your need for change, I am proud of you for deciding on making that change! Deciding is the first step in the right direction. I believe in you, I am proud of you, and I am so happy for you. Let’s start the next decade on the path of health, with ourselves as our biggest priority. You will thank yourself in the next decade for all of the things you did for yourself in this decade.
To start January off right, we are inviting all of the Compton Health Bar fam to commit to 30 days of drinking your favorite blend, every day, to make sure you start the new year off right. The Compton Detox is a great option if you are just starting out or if you feel like you need to undo all the tamaladas from the holidays. As always, you can send us a DM or book a consultation if you need help choosing the right blend for you, or if you want your own custom mix as well! Drop us a comment if you are committing to the challenge. And, we want to know— what are some things you are leaving behind in 2019? What are some things you are looking forward to in 2020? Let’s motivate each other in the comments, amigxs. Talk to y’all next year. Peace!